Wednesday, February 11, 2009

AHH The Dentist!!

So today I had a lovely experience at the Dentist. Let me start out by saying that I absolutely love my Dentist. He is my in-laws Bishop and is a wonderful man so nothing against you Dr. Hoover! Anyway, I have a root canal that has been giving me issues for about 6 months now. Since we own our own Company it's not worth it fo us to pay for expensive Dental Insurance. Dr. Hoover has tried everything to avoid having to do a root canal on my tooth but since I've been living on Loratabs for the past two weeks we've decided it's time. So usually Dr. Hoover gives me the Lidocain shot that numbs your mouth but today he was busy so his hygienest did it. (No, Nicole and Steven it wasn't Kristen but I wish it was.) She goes to give me the shot in my cheek and I feel the sharpest pain clear to my ear. I seriously had tears rolling down my face. Dr. Hoover comes in after about 5 minutes to work on my mouth and I can't open up wider than about an 1/2 inch. My jaw was locked and I couldn't get it open! He had to sit there and rub my jaw because the Hygienest put the shot directly into my muscle causing it to lock on me. It was so freaky! I kept asking him "Are you sure it will go away?" Finally he forced one of those bite things on the other side of my mouth and my jaw litterally popped into place. My jaw is sore now but I can open it again! YAY!! I'm so glad I'm done for a while.

5 comments:

Leesa said...

I am not a fan of the dentist in the 1st place... but holy crap that would SUCK! I am glad you are ok, but i am SO SORRY you had to have a root canal :)
P.S. thanks for my comment on my blog... you are SO SWEET! I am going to get into my email here in a minute to read what you wrote me there!
Love ya!!

Idaho Searles said...

Not fun! i hate the dentist too.:(

Chy said...

oh I can't even BEGIN to express to you how much I HATE the dentist!!! Ehhhh!!! YUCK YUCK!

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Hey Tara,
I so glad that you messaged me, and it's so nice that we can see what is going on through blogging. I am absolutely affraid of the dentist and reading your blog as only made it worse haha. Well I need to come to Idaho soon, but it never seems to work out. I hope you have a happpy Valentines Day. Love ya, xoxoxo.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I can taste dentist office in my mouth just thinking about it! I'm glad your pain is finally gone now though!