Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just my thoughts about Today

Today is my brother, Jonny's 28th Birthday. It's been 3 1/2 years since he died by suicide. Days like this make it so hard to understand why this has happened to our family. I miss him so much and I feel like apart of me is missing since he has died. It breaks my heart that my kids will never know their uncle while we are alive on this Earth. They will never know how silly and fun he can be. How much he loved to tease their Mom relentlessly but no matter what was always there for her. I miss him calling me Turtle because it took me so long to do anything! I am so grateful for the Gospel because without the promise that I will see my brother again I wouldn't know how to cope and move on. I am so blessed in so many ways in my life that I can't deny how wonderful this life truely is. I am so grateful for my wonderful Husband who has been my rock through all of this. My kids have filled my life with so much joy and laughter that I know I am truely blessed with these things to help me through this. I am so grateful for my family and I love each of you dearly. We have been through so much together and I hope that we continue to pull together during our struggles in life.
I pray for those of you dealing with Depression personally or if you have a loved one struggling with this terrible disease. I hope that any of you who read this will hold your loved ones a little tighter tonight and don't forget to tell them you love them because you never know if it will be the last.

6 comments:

jaclynn and michael said...

Oh tara my heart just aches for you. what a beautiful post that was. Im so glad that you do have such a amazing family. I really just don't even have the right words to say. Im lucky to have had such a wonderful friend like you growing up, and appreciate all the wonderful things your family did for me.
here are some funny things I remember about jonny, he was constantly making fun of us, he would always hang up on me when I called, He always had his mattress on the floor to sleep ?, he'd try and make his dogs attack us, pups was his life! he was always begging you for money, he was so protective over you with boys, did the strangest things with his hair-dyeing it green, shaving it all but that long piece! i could go on and on. He was so fun, loved his family and always made us laugh

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

What a beautiful post! I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know the words to say, but I can tell that you have had wonderful people around you to help you through.

Leesa said...

Tara... WOW i am crying reading this! There is not a day that goes by where i dont think of him and wonder why???
Thank you for sharing this post! You are such a strong person and i admire you and your family SO MUCH! Jonny was such a FUN kid! I loved hanging out over at your house and constantly laughing at the funny things he would do! He was one of those people that you always wanted to be around because you never knew what he was going to do next!
I want you to know i am here for YOU ALWAYS!! Sometimes it is just nice to be able to talk and cry with someone and i hope you ALWAYS know i am a phone call away. I love you! Call me anytime 722-4368 or if email is better you can email me at Ltracy62406@yahoo.com! Thank you for ALWAYS being a good friend and example to me!

Heather said...

Love your post it made me cry... you are so strong we all love you.

lorie said...

Dear Tara, John and I love you and Jase. Jase has always held a special place in our hearts, and you are now a part of that. What a blessing it is to know of the wonderful place he is at right now and that he is no longer sick and he understand so much better now. Love John and Lorie

NB said...

Hi Tara,

So I joined the LA Fitness gym here in LA (a splurge) and by doing so I got a free session with a personal trainer. So I went yesterday and he made me so made because he made me do HARD things!! I wanted to do easy things!! So today I'm totally sore. But I keep thinking how this is a recurring theme in life. If we aren't challenged, we don't grow. Good thing we have an all-knowing personal trainer! Anyway you are a great example to me of looking at the bright side and pushing forward with courage.
Thinking of you! Talk to you soon.